Friday, July 26, 2013

RIP Mike

It's been a wild week for me, with weddings and injuries and such, so I haven't been able to do this thing for a minute.  I was gonna post something else but then I heard Mike of The ExAxTx (i'm scared of jellyo and alt-octopus arms gettin bummed about me postin this) just passed, and whatever I was gonna post just pales in comparison to this band.  They were perhaps the greatest punk band to come from Florida.  I'm not trying to think too hard about that one, but no one else is coming to mind.  They wrote short punk songs with top notch classic rock and pop sensibilities and a wicked and casual sense of humor.  Their songs are American classics and you should listen to them.  This is the cassette version of this 10" record.  Thanks for the tunes, Mike, and rest well.





No comments:

Post a Comment