Friday, July 12, 2013

Abraham Cross

I've been real busy lately with life things and wish I hadn't neglected this shit....as an attempt at amends here's some extremely dark and brutal punk rock from the champions of crasher crust, Abraham Cross from Tokyo, Japan.  I don't have much to say about this band, as I know very little about them, except for that every time I listen to this tape I just get a little slackjawed, ya know?   They are just that much more brutal than pretty much every other punk band...but listen to that guitar, the riffs are almost psychedelic in their noisiness and sometimes songs just fall apart into dark feedback.  Abraham Cross were masters of creating atmosphere, especially for a crusty punk band, and their songs take me to frighteningly dark places..on the other hand, the song "Message from Forever" is just straight up beautiful.  Thanks to Terminal Escape for sharing this tape.



No comments:

Post a Comment