Sunday, July 7, 2013

1905

This is a record I used to listen to every day about a decade ago...1905's Voice.  It's a very earnest and political album that immediately takes me back to a time of punk when people would read spoken word poetry between songs and scream without mics and cry and stuff....people just don't do these things anymore, for better or worse.  For me, it was a very malleable and formative time, and I ate that shit up, for better or worse.  Most of the records I got into from that era have long been sold and forgotten about, but this one sticks around for me.  The songs are well written, the guitar playing is inventive, the vocals (sung and screamed) are diverse and impassioned, with lyrics that perfectly represented you for your AIM "away" message. and they spice up the record with changes in pace like a piano instrumental and campfire-y acoustic song.  This is a very good record that digs a little deeper than most.





No comments:

Post a Comment