Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Assfactor 4

It's time for another Southern favorite!  I love Southern hardcore more than maybe anything, it's what I grew up with and I will never not listen to Antischism, In/Humanity, Kakistocracy, Damad, Karst, Initial State and the like.  Assfactor 4 was from Columbia, South Carolina during the 90's.  I never got to see them but I hear they were a force to be reckoned with live.  Sonically, they tend to get lumped in with the screamo crowd, but I think they sound more like a hardcore version of Unwound...guitar lines weave all over the place in the same way, and there's no "brutality for the sake of brutality" that screamo bands tended to fall into.  But yeah, Assfactor 4...hell of a band name, too. This is their entire discography split into two folders. 58 songs / 2 = 29 songs in each folder.  You lucky dog.






No comments:

Post a Comment