Thursday, June 27, 2013

Godless

SIN DIOS was a seethingly political band, first and foremost. They formed the same summer I did, the summer of 1988, in Madrid, Spain (I was formed in Raleigh, NC).  Their anarchist ideologies were worn blatantly on their sleeves, and their songs were vessels for the feelings exploding out of their hearts and minds.  I believe this file is the first two records, Ruido Anticapitalista and Alerta Antifascista, from '91 and '93 respectively.  Few bands I've heard in my time have reached such politically intense heights as Sin Dios do...Crudos and Antischism are a couple others that come to mind....but you probably already love those bands as much as I do.  Sin Dios also let their influences flow through their songwriting...so many different points of reference could be made, but just listen and let them take you through their supercharged blend of punk, hardcore, ska, metal, folk and more (emphasis is definitely on the first 3).  This was an important band, and one of those special bands that backed up their hardcore anarchist messages with excellent hardcore music.





No comments:

Post a Comment