Friday, June 28, 2013

...Because Sometimes You Just Want Other People To Hear Your Favorite Album Ever.

Alright...no joking around, and maybe it's just my proximity to this band's stomping grounds, but this is maybe my favorite record in the whole entire universe.  Dead Things were an Asheville band comprised of folks from such incredible bands as Astrid Oto and Pink Collar Jobs, and ...Because Sometimes You Just Want To Ride Your Bike To The Show was their full-length album.  It is a Southern punk rock masterpiece.  It is a desert island record for me.  It is every good rock band all in one, from the Ramones to Thin Lizzy to Bruce Springsteen to Judas Priest to Black Flag to Motorhead to Blatz and Filth all at once.  It is Asheville to me, the shitty winters, the amazing summers, the disappointment, the hope, the dirt, the grime....all of it.  From hangovers to hikes in the mountains, Dead Things have been there with me every step of the way.  Lynn, Mike, Mike and Jason...from the bottom of my heart, thank you for these songs...they mean more to me than you could know.



No comments:

Post a Comment