Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Grouch - Fuck The World As Soon As Possible

Hey you, hope you're doing well.  The first post for this new year is...my old pop punk(region rawk?) band.  Too bad for you!  We were called Grouch and we started a band even though we knew that two of us were about to move to the West Coast (I stayed here).  We were all about to explode from anxiety and life and whatnot and when I listen to these songs I feel like all that tension and panic is oozing out of the speakers.  That could easily just be me, though.  We hastily wrote and recorded this cassette tape, and it actually turned out well...but then some mysterious force got hold of the master tape and what we were left with is this warbly, trebley, scratchy and slightly sped up version of the band.  Oh well, it's what it is and somehow oddly appropriate.  I love these songs and I loved playing music with the other two people in the band.  One of them moved to the Bay and was in Neon Piss (Rest In Piss), the other you might know from his old band Shorebirds and he's in the Northwest somewhere, hopefully playing music still.  Enjoy maybe.



No comments:

Post a Comment